Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Missing your Loved ones? Who are you missing the most because of the #COVID #MCO Lockdown?

 


Because of the recent lockdown, many among us have been prevented from seeing and meeting our beloved ones from our friends and family. Many fathers and spouses were separated from their family for months to provide for them. 


And despite the availability of technology that allows us to easily connect with others digitally, there is still feel a sense of separation and a yearning to physically be with them. 


Here is an AMAZING hadith to motivate and inspire those who believe in Allah and the Last Day. Our Prophet, Muhammad ﷺ said:

أَنْتَ مَعَ مَنْ أَحْبَبْتَ

"You will be with those whom you love" 


The Prophet ﷺ guaranteed that Allah will unite us with those whom we love in the Hereafter! 😍


I am constantly motivated by this awesome ayah of the Qur'an:


وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَاتَّبَعَتْهُمْ ذُرِّيَّتُهُمْ بِإِيمَانٍ أَلْحَقْنَا بِهِمْ ذُرِّيَّتَهُمْ وَمَا أَلَتْنَاهُمْ مِنْ عَمَلِهِمْ مِنْ شَيْءٍ ۚ كُلُّ امْرِئٍ بِمَا كَسَبَ رَهِينٌ

"And those who believe and whose children follow them in Faith, 

WE SHALL UNITE THEM with their children, and We shall not decrease any reward of their deeds. Every person is a pledge for that which he has earned." (Surah at-Tur 52:21)


But wait, there's more! This unity of Love, it isn't only limited to our family members.


When Anas bin Malik heard these words by the Prophet, أَنْتَ مَعَ مَنْ أَحْبَبْتَ ("You will be with those whom you love"), he said:


"We had never been happier since we heard that statement by the Prophet ﷺ!

Therefore, I LOVE the Prophet ﷺ, Abu Bakr and `Umar, 

and I hope that I will be with them because of my love for them, even though my deeds are not like theirs!" (Al-Bukhari, Muslim)


One of the companions confessed to the Prophet ﷺ that he was so concerned of missing his company ﷺ, especially after his passing:


يا رسولَ اللهِ، إنَّكَ لَأَحَبُّ إليَّ مِن نَفسي، وأحَبُّ إليَّ مِن أهلي، وأحَبُّ إليَّ مِن ولَدي، وإنِّي لَأكُونُ في البيتِ فأَذكُرُكَ فما أَصبِرُ حتَّى آتِيَكَ فأَنظُرُ إليكَ، وإذا ذَكَرْتُ مَوتي ومَوتَكَ عَرَفْتُ أنَّكَ إذا دخَلْتَ الجنَّةَ رُفِعْتَ مع النَّبيِّينَ، وإنْ دَخَلْتُ الجنَّةَ خَشِيتُ ألَّا أراكَ

“O Messenger of Allah, verily, you are more beloved to me than myself, and I love you more than my own family, and I love you more than my own children!

And when I return home, I remember you, and I cannot wait to come back and see you again.


But when I think about my death, and your death, I know for sure that when you enter Paradise, you will be raised amongst the company of the Prophets – and I fear that, if I enter Paradise, I will not see you (or be with you)!”


The Messenger of Allah ﷺ remained silent. 

Until the angel Jibril revealed the verse: 


وَمَن يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ وَالشُّهَدَآءِ وَالصَّـلِحِينَ وَحَسُنَ أُولَـئِكَ رَفِيقاً 

And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger, then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His grace, of the Prophets, the true believers, the martyrs, and the righteous. 

And how excellent these companions are! (Surah An-Nisa, 4:69)"


(Narrated by Ahmad Shakir, graded Sahih lighayrihi)


May Allah unite us with our loved ones!


#TheBarakahEffect 

No comments: