Sunday, July 24, 2022

My turn - Positive COVID19

 



وَإِذَا مَرِضْتُ فَهُوَ يَشْفِينِ ٨٠

“And when I fell sick, it is He Who cures me” (Surah Ash-Shu’ara 26:80)


Alhamdulilllah all Praises and Thanks to Allah, Whom by His Mercy, has cured me from COVID19. 


I was tested positive last Sunday, 17th July 2022. As the qadar of Allah would have it, of all times, I got the virus on this one rare circumstance when I’m away from the rest of my family and staying alone in Miri. On one hand, it is a blessing that I don’t have to bear the hardship of isolation within the same household. On the other hand, it was quite a struggle going through it alone. 


I experienced “minor” symptoms of headache, fever, fatigue/lethargy, soar throat and cough – but boy, “minor” is really understating it. It really is quite painful. For 2 days I could barely stand up or perform basic prayers; completely immobilized in bed. 


Thank you to my dear friends in Miri who were kind enough to send me food, medicine and testing kits throughout my isolation. And also for the timely reminder to make du’aa and be disciplined to stay in isolation / quarantine because after all, prevention from harm and obeying the ruler (i.e. official SOP) are indeed acts of worship too. Really appreciate it, I love you guys for the sake of Allah, and may Allah reward you and grant continuous barakah to you and your families abundantly in dunya and hereafter. 

اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَهُمْ فِيمَا رَزَقْتَهُمْ وَاغْفِرْ لَهُمْ وَارْحَمْهُمْ


Alhamdulillah I am now tested negative and have recovered since then with only minor symptoms persisting. Good health is one of those great blessings where, we only realize how valuable and how awesome it is, after we lost it, even if it was for just a few days. 


May Allah grant us steadfastness in making full use and granting barakah in our good health and free time.

No comments: