Friday, November 10, 2023

Managerial Excellence (ME) Cohort 7 FINALE: 9th November 2023, Park Royal Collections, KL

 


Alhamdulillah it was great meeting everyone again, especially my awesome team members of Group 10: Amplifiers @ team RED 🔴 (yes, we came color-synchronized, and even did a WhatsApp poll to vote the color 😂). 


Unfortunately, only half of our Amplifiers could make it to the finale. But despite the manpower shortage, the team really pulled our weight for the final presentation. Even though we had the least team members, the team delivered a phenomenal and explosive presentation that drove us to win the Outstanding Presentation Team Award. You guys are the best! 👏🏼❤️


Coming into the finale, I was immediately greeted by many classmates who claiming - and 100% confident - that I was going to be awarded "Best participant".


In the end, no, I didn't win the award (that honor went to my good friends Adzmin and Azuria), but it was very touching and heartwarming to know that many of my colleagues were rooting for me and showing so much appreciation. 

A few of our colleagues outright vented their frustration and wanted to protest the result 🤣


Perhaps my workplace colleagues and subordinates rarely see this side of me, but in every training course and engagement I attend, I always make it a commitment to show up 100%, give it my best to create an exciting learning environment, uplift and get to know others around me, get relentlessly curious by asking lots of questions, sharing and contributing whatever knowledge I can from the books I read, and of course, don't hold back on my silly humor. (Or at least, my lousy attempts at humor, anyway 🤣). I was inspired by another junior colleague many years ago: This was his attitude during trainings and I always look forward to attend trainings with him. Every time I attend trainings with him, he just elevates the whole learning experience and leaves a mark. 

Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said, "never belittle or consider insignificant any good deeds that you do, even if it is to meet your brother with a cheerful face" (Muslim) 


The finale marks the end of a 4-month development journey for us managers. And what a great learning and networking experience it's been! A lot of the stuff in there really elevated my perspective in leadership, especially the concepts of Multipliers vs. Diminishers. It really challenged the "traditional" manager mindset, providing a total paradigm shift to our long-term goals as leaders: Multiplying others. And about being more mindful of Accidental Diminishers: how our actions might accidentally "diminish" those around us, despite our "good intentions"!


But of course, it doesn't stop here. In fact, if anything, it STARTS here. ME may have ended, but our leadership journey has just begun. And knowledge is only "information" until we act upon it. 


I end this post with the closing words in our team presentation:

It’s time to walk the talk, step up and BE the MULTIPLIERS that PETRONAS needs.

No comments: