Monday, December 10, 2018

Twins of Faith 2018 : Legacy (8 - 9 December 2018 @ Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur)



Alhamdulillah - all Praises and Thanks to Allah - I've learnt a lot and have benefitted a lot throughout the conference in more ways than one.

The theme of "Legacy" is something that really resonates strongly with me personally, and it's always been a personal motto of mine to live consciously asking myself "What do you want to be remembered for when you die?" The topics selected were apt reminders for myself and the ummah in general and really struck some strong emotional cords in me (Sheikh Isam - you started it!).

These 2 days really renewed my perspective, inspiration and refuelled my resolve for putting my foot down towards pursuing that great legacy and playing my part towards developing and restoring the greatness of this ummah. 



Twins of Faith was the very first Islamic conference I've had the privilege of attending and participating in - in its very first one back in 2011 - and Alhamdulillah it's great to be back once again to volunteer on a wholly new capacity this time around.

Jazakumullahu khayran to the team at Mercy Mission for entrusting me with the opportunity to contribute to the event as the MC. My sincere apologies for any and all shortcomings throughout the event.

To all my brothers and sisters who did attend the event, please do share to me if you have any personal feedback on your thoughts about your MC and share if there is any way I can improve further.

May Allah grant His barakah and continuous success to TOF 2018 and the entire team - both at the forefront and the ones behind the scenes - and may Allah make all these efforts stepping stones and means of crafting great legacies for our ummah as a whole.



#tof2018 #legacy

No comments: