Monday, October 19, 2020

"Dah la PKPB, Air pulak takde" - Patience during hardships of a Waterless Quarantine in Selangor + KL

 

Qadhi Shurayh said: “Whenever I am afflicted with any affliction, calamity or difficulty, I praise Allah four times: 

1. I praise Allah that the hardship was not greater than it is: it could always be worse;

2. I praise Him when He gives me patience to withstand the hardship;

3. I praise Him for guiding me to say the statement ‘inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un’ إِنَّا لِلَّـهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ (Verily, to Him we belong and to Him we shall return – surah al-Baqarah 2:156); and

4. I praise Him for not making that affliction affect my religion” (Siyar a’laam an-nubula)



The Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said:


مَا يُصِيبُ الْمُسْلِمَ مِنْ نَصَبٍ وَلاَ وَصَبٍ وَلاَ هَمٍّ وَلاَ حُزْنٍ وَلاَ أَذًى وَلاَ غَمٍّ حَتَّى الشَّوْكَةِ يُشَاكُهَا، إِلاَّ كَفَّرَ اللَّهُ بِهَا مِنْ خَطَايَاهُ

"Never does fatigue, disease, sorrow, sadness, hurt, or distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick of a thorn, except that Allah forgives some of his sins (on account of his patience)." (Al-Bukhari, Muslim)


عَجَبًا لأَمْرِ الْمُؤْمِنِ إِنَّ أَمْرَهُ كُلَّهُ خَيْرٌ وَلَيْسَ ذَاكَ لأَحَدٍ إِلاَّ لِلْمُؤْمِنِ إِنْ أَصَابَتْهُ سَرَّاءُ شَكَرَ فَكَانَ خَيْرًا لَهُ وَإِنْ أَصَابَتْهُ ضَرَّاءُ صَبَرَ فَكَانَ خَيْرًا لَهُ

“Amazing are the affairs of the believer! There is good for him in everything, and this applies only to a believer.

If goodness/prosperity attends him, he is thankful to Allah, and it is good for him,

And if affliction/adversity befalls him, he is patient, and that is (also) good for him” (Muslim)


May Allah grant us patience and facilitate #AirSelangor to restore our water supply

#theBarakahEffect

No comments: