Monday, October 19, 2020

Feeling the Monday Blues as we kickoff the work week?

 


Fantastic! Attached here are some hard facts of employee retrenchment in the oil and gas industry alone, from all the major big players all over the world: ever increasing as we speak. 

In America alone, over 40 million Americans are unemployed because of the pandemic. That’s more than the entire population of our country. All jobless.


Hopefully, for those of us who still do have jobs (like myself), this harsh reality check can help knock some sense and sincere gratitude to  and motivate us to strive to do even better and excel at work. 


I remind myself this: None of us are indispensable. If Allah had willed, he could have replaced me with someone else. Someone who is smarter and willing to work more than me. Yet I still have the privilege to be here.

Stop whining and be grateful. 



وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِنْ شَكَرْتُمْ لَأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ ۖ وَلَئِنْ كَفَرْتُمْ إِنَّ عَذَابِي لَشَدِيدٌ

And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: "If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allah), I will give you more (of My Blessings), but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily! My Punishment is indeed severe." (Surah Ibrahim, 14:7)


I remind because I care. 

May Allah make us amongst the grateful and patient; and may He ease and facilitate all the affairs for the difficulties around the world today.

 

#BersyukurMasihAdaKerja #Alhamdulilllah

#theBarakahEffect

No comments: